Catching Up (in Photos)

 On New Year's Eve we released lanterns into the air as we said goodbye to 2019 and welcomed 2020.

















 Since August I have been the Secondary ESL teacher at an International School here in Thailand.  I made a snowman on the white board in my classroom by drawing on the board and then cutting out paper for the rest of the snowman.
 On Christmas Eve we went with a group of people to a Hospital/Nursing Home to be part of a Christmas program.  This beautiful tree, with huge beehives in it's branches, was outside in the parking lot.
 Even in the start of the smokey season there is beauty.  The neighbors were burning brush in their longgang orchard and smoke was billowing through the neighborhood.  As the sun set the golden light was diffused and it made a beautiful scene in the garden across the road from our house.



I got so distracted by this sign that after I withdrew money from the ATM in front of it I forgot to get my card out of the machine.  I did not even realize I didn't have my card until the next day when I went to the store and planned to pay with the debit card.











Only 4 miles from our house is a dam on the River Ping.  On December 31 I went there and ran with a friend.  I had wanted to have someone take my picture in that spot for a very long time.

In November I ran in a race at Maejo University.  It is an agriculture university that includes a farm back behind the main campus.  The odd distance of the race was because they ran the race to the back of the farm--where there was a loop--and back to the front of the campus.  The run was beautiful and I ran the 9 miles with an average per mile pace of 7:12.  The 30-39 age group is difficult competition. Had I been in any other age group I would have placed.  It was a great run on one of the coolest days of the year (it was 50 degrees)!

Comments

Popular Posts