A Day in My Life

"Time to Run" by Lord Huron starts playing on my phone----It's my alarm---The sun won't come up for another hour and a half--it's 5:20 am.  I get up, put my contact lenses in, put my running clothes on, get a drink of water and I'm out the door (after flipping the porch light on so I can check my shoes before I put them on).  Hey, there was a cobra in my courtyard one day in the summer.  I. Check. My. Shoes.

Click the run button on my watch.  Wait for GPS.  On Tuesday, the day I'm writing about, I decided to fit in some extra miles.  I followed the street lights for a mile and a half and turned around.  At 3 miles I started down a road that would add at least another 5 miles to my run.  I try to be home by 6:30 so I can stretch shower and get ready.  At mile 6 I saw I was running out of time.  I picked up the pace.  I got home having run 8.4 miles.  It was 6:39.

Got in the house.  Cranked the knob on the electric water heater in the shower as hot as it would go and was thankful for being thankful for a hot shower.  When it's 57 F outside here it feels chilly (today when I ran in the afternoon it was 91!)

After the shower I ate some delicious Swiss Style Muesli from Tesco Lotus (with cinnamon generously sprinkled on top before I pour the almond milk on top of that).

Chrissy helped Eva get ready.  I got ready. and we were out the door at 7:20.

On the way out the door I realized my front driver's side tire was low (here that is the front right tire--not the front left tire).  I made a mental note and told Eva we would have to stop for air on the way home.

We got to school on time and Eva helped me get my classroom ready.  She wrote the correct date on the whiteboard and drew some amazing pictures for my students and me to enjoy.

I walked Eva across to her wing of the school and went back to my classroom to wait for a student to come during tutorial.  The student stopped by to say a class project with other students needed attention so we would have tutorial at a later time.

And a day of teaching ESL began.  In addition to teaching I started scheduling for some upcoming evaluations and learning how to administer those evaluations.  That started a process that is ongoing and will be for over a month.

At the end of the school day Eva and I drove home.

After a bit we went out and Eva played with friends in the neighborhood.

Chrissy shared with me all the things she had been doing in the day and how her writing for Thrive was going.  She's doing very well with her writing!

Eva did her homework, we ate a delicious meal, and got ready for bed.

After we got Eva in bed, Chrissy and I had some time to talk and relax before we also went to sleep.

And that is similar to most weekdays for me.  

Comments

Popular Posts