NaviTrail Run 2020

On Friday night I spent the night at the National Park on Doi Suthep so Brian E. and I could get up at 3am Saturday and run in the NaviTrail Run.  The objective was to use GPS to find as many waypoints as possible and for each one we found we earned a set amount of points.  The run lasted for 10 hours!  We descended 6,500 feet and ascended 6,500 feet during that time and covered 34.5KM.  For an hour and a half we were off the trail and had to bushwhack through overgrown underbrush--which included thorn trees, thorn bushes, thorny vines, and thorn covered plants--during that bushwhacking time we saw the most beautiful Himalayan Cherry tree that was covered in vibrant pink blossoms.  We started the run at 6am and finished at 4pm.  I'm thankful for Brian's expertise and experience.  My legs started cramping when we were 6 and  1/2 hours in and he handed me some mustard to eat and reminded me to stretch and get more electrolytes.

It was a very challenging run and a great experience.

I'm thankful also for the ProPro company for providing us with Energy Bars for the race.  They were delicious and so helpful.






Comments

Popular Posts